When custom designing your leather holster case (Spring Creek, Deerhill, Murano, Double Decker, Zaza, Montecito, and Montecito 2), please consider the following suggestions:
1. Picking Your Leather Colors & Textures - Please note that we do our best to render the leather color that you see on your monitor to what the actual physical leather good will look like, there will always be discrepancy, albeit slight!
Know the Nature of the Leather Types - Although we only use genuine cowhide, calf skin, and lambskin leather, some of the leathers may not feel like leather due to the embossed texture.
Saffiano Leather - this is genuine cowhide embossed with a vinyl-like texture that is popularized by designer brands such as Prada, Louis Vuitton and the likes. This type of leather is more of a fashionable and trendy-type leather, and not so much the kind of leather if you are looking for one that feels supple, as you would with traditional leather.
Smooth Fine Grain - this is the traditional leather that you have come to expect. The supple leather is calf skin leather that is soft to the touch and gives the leather good the traditional classy look and feel whenever people think of leather goods.
Pebbled Grain - this leather has a more apparent grainy texture to the touch, and with that said, this is also a more durable leather when it comes to scratches and blemishes. This leather gives you a good balance of the traditional leather feel and durability.
Ostrich and Crocodile Pattern - this is genuine cowhide embossed with animal print. Please do note that this is not real ostrich leather or real crocodile leather. These are trendy patterns loved by people who are looking for something with a exotic feel. When personalizing on the animal prints, we offer the option of stamping in gold or silver instead of the default blind embossing to give the personalization better legibility.
2. Specifying Your Device - When building your holster cases, it is very very very important for us to know what device we are building for, and if you are using any protective casing on the smartphone, it is imperative we have the PRECISE dimensions for the phone. We cannot stress how important this is, as often times we would have customer complain that the case doesn't fit only to find out the customer merely "estimate" or gave approximate dimensions. Please note that a few millimeters will great affect the fitting of the case for your phone!
Phone Only - If you are just using a bare phone without any cases added to the phone, you would select the "Phone Only" option and then provide us with the device's make and model, be as specific as possible. Please do not put "iPhone", as there are various sizes for iPhone 5, 6, 7s, 8, etc.
Phone + 3rd Party Protective Case - If you have added a casing to your phone, whether it's an Otterbox case, a Mophie battery pack case, or just a simple plastic, leather or silicone gel case that you purchased at the mall, please choose this option and provide us with the PRECISE length x width x depth of the device. Be as precise as you possibly can, we suggest you use the millimeter and centimeter side of the ruler when measuring, it's ok to be slightly bigger, just don't under-estimate. As the old saying goes, measure twice and cut once! We recommending measuring three times just to be safe.
3. Choosing a Front Cover Style & Bottom Opening or No Bottom Opening - The cover style is very much subjective to taste and style preference. There's no functional impact on which option you choose here when picking out a cover flap style. However, when choosing whether to have a bottom opening. By default, we would always ask customer to include the bottom opening, as this option does come in handy when you need access quickly to the phone. But some customers prefer to have the phone be fully concealed, again due to style preference.
4. Choosing a Back Style - This is the most important functional selection when design your holster case. This determines how you will be using the holster case. By default the design is to have your wear this on your waist, so the popular options are belt clips and belt loops.
Back Insert and Zipper Pouch - These are options merely adds extra functionality (storage) to the leather case, but you do miss out on the ability to wear them on your waist. The back insert allows storage of 2-3 credit cards, and the zipper pouch is big enough to store a house key or some cash. The size of the storage is determined by the size of your phone. So if you are planning to fit a credit card into the zipper pouch, and you have an iPhone 5, or even a 6, the zipper pouch will most likely not be big enough to fit your credit card.
Belt Loop - This is the most secure way to wear your holster, as you would have to thread your belt through the holster to wear this. When choosing this option, you will be given the option to enter your largest belt's width and thickness. Normal standard belts are about 1.5 inches wide and 1/8" thick.
Belt Clip (large / small) - These belt clips can clip belts up to 1.5 inches wide, they are strong stationary clips; they do not rotate, and no we don't make clips that rotate. One consideration when choosing this option is that as phones get bigger, these holsters get bigger as well. Big holsters tend to get in the way when you sit down, and there are times when the holster will "pop-off" of the belt when they are lifted by your lap when you sit down. This is no fault of the belt clip, but merely the fact that these holsters are just a bit too big. One easy solution is to wear the holster closer to the side of your waist/body, and not in-front of your waist/body.
Clip-On with Anti-Slide - This is a combination of a belt clip and a belt loop. You have the convenience of just clipping the case to your belt, and you have the added security of wrapping the leather strap around your belt to securely hold it in place in those events of the case "popping-off" the belt. This is normally the preferred choice when customer has concerns of case popping off, or when customers order a case that is for the Apple iPhone 7 Plus or bigger devices.
5. Special Request & Notes - This is a text box area just for you to add notes and a phone number for us to call you back on, in case you have questions while placing your order. Here you can also specify some "off-the-menu" options such as stitch/thread color for the case. By default we use matching thread colors when building your case, but if you would like a contrasting stitch color, please note it here! If you plan to have a monogram or logo stamping included, please note it here as well. Specify where you would like the stamping to go, and we can do it in blind embossing (no color), or gold or silver foil stamping. If you don't specify gold or silver stamping, your stamping is normally blind embossed without color.
6. Personalization - This is where you finish your custom design with a name stamping or a corporate logo. Please note that we can only work with logos that you have ownership of, we cannot stamp trademarked or copyright logos such as NFL team logo, College logos, Apple logo, etc. Stamping by default is heat stamped, blind embossed, on the leather good, however, you can request for this to be stamped in Gold or Silver in the Special Request section. For most cases, they are normally stamped on the front cover's bottom right corner, unless the style does not permit such a location, they would be stamped on the interior or back side, base on our production team's discretion, unless otherwise noted in the Special Request.
Here at Story Leather, we encourage you to be adventurous and build something that is uniquely hours, and what we offer is lots of choices and options that may be overwhelming. Please do email us with any questions or use our online chat service and we will be able to help you with your custom order.
Lastly, please note that although we say these are phone holsters, we have made our holsters to hold medical devices - Medtronic, Dexcom, etc., iPod music players, and more.
Design Your Leather Phone Holster Now